Solano Canyon Community Garden Association
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT FORM
Your compliance with these regulations will help everyone have an enjoyable and prosperous garden. Failure to comply with these regulations during the growing season may result in loss of future gardening privileges.
My plot number is____________ Plot registration begins on January 1 of each year, with preference given to participants who garden during the last year. There will be a limit of one plot per participant until January 1 of the next year. At that same time, any remaining plots will be assigned by the Garden Manager. Unclaimed plots will be assigned after March 1 of the same year.
Basic Garden Rules:
- Once I have been assigned a garden plot. I will cultivate it (eg: provide my own seeds, plants, soil, amendment, etc.) within one month.
- I will garden in my plot all year and not plant outside those boundaries.
- I am obligated to donate two (2) hours per month per plot to general garden maintenance.
- I will not smoke, drink alcoholic beverages or gamble in the garden.
- I will not bring pets to the garden.
- Children shall be supervised in order that they do not disturb the other participant’s plots. Family members are welcome to the garden site (accompanied by garden member).
- The combination for the lock is strictly for personal use and I will not pass the combination to anyone else.
- Payment of dues is necessary before gardening begins and should be submitted with your application form. If for some reason I am not accepted, I understand that the dues will be returned to me.
- I have read and I understand the application and I accept those conditions for participation in the Community Garden.
- Dues will be $40.00 per year, paid quarterly in the amount of $10.00 per quarter.
- I have read and agree to abide by the GENERAL GARDEN RULES.
Accepted by: __________________________ (Garden Executive Member) Date: ________________
Plot # _______
- I agree not to plant anything of an invasive nature such as, ivy, morning glory, passionflower vine, bamboo, etc.
- If vandalism or theft occur, please notify the Garden Manager immediately. You will help keep the garden safe and clean by helping us identify any situations as soon as possible.
- Notify the Garden Manager if you are no longer able to tend your plot, will be absent for a long period of time, or have asked a friend to tend your plot for you.
- Please park in the designated areas and do not block driveways.
- If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints, please contact the Garden Manager or a member of the gardening steering committee.
- We encourage you to attend our garden meetings throughout the year. (held every Saturday 10am.)
- Any rule added to these bylaws must be approved by a majority of the participating gardeners. Any conflicts amongst gardeners will be referred to the Community Garden Steering Committee.
- Garden area is open dawn to dusk, seven (7) days a week. Please carry your Participant Identification Card when at the garden.
- Keep the gate to the garden closed at all times.
- The bulletin board is a way for us all to stay in touch. Please use it for any garden related purposes.
- My plot will be reassigned if I fail to respond to two (2) requests to clean it. I will forfeit my garden privileges.
- Plot corners are clearly marked with stakes. Please do not remove these stakes. Metal stakes throughout the site are permanent boundary markers.
- Please dispose of weeds and plant materials in designated compost areas.
- Keep rocks out of paths and borders. Put them in designated areas.
- Be considerate of your neighbors. Do not plant sprawling crops or tall ones that interfere with others. Harvest only your assigned plot.
- All plots will be inspected three (3) times during the year. Renters of plots that have not been planted, that are weedy, or do not meet-the guidelines, will be notified. Failure to comply within fourteen (14) days will result in Rule Number One.
- Individual fencing of plots is allowed. Please keep the structures under four (4) feet tall.
- Use of herbicides and black plastic mulch is prohibited.
- Plot holders promise to devote at least three (3) hours a week to their own plots throughout the gardening season.
- Each gardener must clear his/her plot of stakes, fencing, trellises, etc., and turn over all organic and plant residue by autumn. No debris of any kind shall be left at the site.
- Use the available trash receptacles in the garden. All paths and plots must be kept free of trash, weeds and grasses by the plot holders. The use of the site is contingent upon our ability to maintain it. Please check bulletin board for chores that need to be done.
- Crops must be harvested when they mature. If you feel you cannot use all of the produce, please let the Garden Manager know so it can be used and not wasted. The compost pile must only be used for compost, wood chips, horse manure, grass and other clippings. No trash or animal products may be put into the compost pile.
Plot # _______
I will water my plot in accordance with the gardening guidelines. If I use more than my allotted amount of water on my plot, I will assume financial responsibility for that portion of the water bill or forfeit my garden plot. Unattended watering is not permitted. Notify the Garden Manager of any leaks in water lines. Make sure all faucets are off when you leave the garden. Leave water hoses neatly rolled near the water spigots. Please conserve the use of water. Mulch with leaves, grass clippings or compost to reduce water consumption and evaporation.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Borrowed tools and equipment must be cleaned and oiled where necessary. They must be returned to the storage area when finished using them. Tools are not to be taken from the garden site.